The Training Schedual

Sunday, July 27, 2014
I like to keep in shape, and it really brightens up my mood and creativity, but I am in reality forced to exercise at leas twice a week because it clears away my eczema symptoms. I belive this is affecting me both physiologicly and mentally, it helps me to think and reduces stress (both of which makes me scratch), also it makes me sweat out irritants, helps blood circulation and removes alot of ichyness and inflaming. Beeing forced to work out is one of the reasons why eczema can be a blessing in disguise, ;)

A normal week for me now days typically includes two or three runs/or cycling trips, and one or two strength sessions. They don't have to be long but often i experience mch more relief when at least one of the runs or cycles last for around two hours, this would typically mean cycling 90 km or running 15 km. This involves drinking alot of water, I remember one trip, it was probably a little longer than 140 km bike ride where I drank 5.25 liters of water and a 0.5 of energy drink.

When i have acess to a salt-water pool i am happy to go for a swim as often as i can, as these are realy nice for the skin and for my mental health as I find it very relaxing and pleasant. This would involve about 90 minutes of swimming if i can spare it, differing in intensity. When i work strength I always make sure to warm up properly, and not wear clothes that itch.

But it has taken a couple of years to be able to pull off this amount of exercise without feeling exessively fatigued or get injuries, so my advice is to advance slowly and listen to your body. Find the activity that suits you best.

No comments:

Post a Comment