Adapting & Philosophy

Saturday, July 26, 2014
First I will write about how I adapt to my eczema when I exercise, and then I will write something about my training philosofy, as working out is the thing that affects me the most, a guidance in how to be able to enjoy regular exercise feels quite important.

My tactics for exercising with eczema are not very complex:

1. Be equipped!
Whenever i go for runs / biketrips I bring a small backpack. Put your clothes in the pack as you get warmer and let the heat steam off before you get dressed again. This is both comfortable and good for the eczema.

2. Drink water!
Bring lots and lots of water, tha backpack is good for this. If you keep hydrated you are less likely to dry up after the run. And also it keeps your body happy, which is good.

3. Be clean!
Wearing the same cap everytime you run? A lot of bacteria will run with your sweat, don't let it get out of control, also, if you use hair products, make sure that it doesn't run with your sweat everywhere, if you dont want to wash it out before you sweat. Hair products are realy not good for your skin.

4. Shower quickly!
Get in the shower! This will cool you off and remove all the sweat and bacterias that is on your skin when you finish working out.

As for the philosophy that helps me work out often, it is quite simple as well:

1. Make sure you enjoy your sessions!
There is no point in pushing yourself to the limit each session. Take some easy laps, run/cycle/swim somewhere pretty. Don't compare yourself up to others (I can be quite obsessed with this and have to remind myself sometimes). Speak with people you meet and don't measure everything all the time.

2. Explore!
Youv'e made progress with your body, now put it to use! Enjoy the freedom of moving without cars and traffic. (make sure you run on something softer than asphalt if your'e not an adept runner, I run more than anyone i know, but i keep off the asphalt whenever i can)

3. Set goals!
And give yourself credit when you achieve them. Don't aim too high or you'll just end up not doing it.

4. Variation!
Swim, cycle, lift, climb, run, dance, surf, play ball. This will also help to keep injuries away.

5. Listen to pain
Injuries will set you back weeks, some make sure you pick up on whats wrong and adapt.





No comments:

Post a Comment